Recipe by Charlotte J
Penelope in West Richland, Washington
Top Review by kaec
I only had white cake mix so I used that, left out the rum and increased the nutmeg because I love nutmeg. This cake turned out so moist and flavorful I had a hard time keeping away from it. Will be making this often, thanks!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- READ ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS, BEFORE MAKING CAKE!
- Combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, butter/margarine, and rum in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer about 4 minute or 450 strokes by hand.
- Pour batter into a greased 10" bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minute or until a long wooden skewer inserted into the thickest portion comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto a rack and cool completely.
- Note: You can use just about any flavor cake mix, such as, French Vanilla, Lemon, or try chocolate.