1/2 Photos of Eggnog Pound Cake
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A festive pound cake with eggnog, your choice of currants, raisins or my favorite dried cranberries, with an orange, rum glaze
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried currants or 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated is best
- 1 cup eggnog (store bought)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated)
- 1Soak currents or raisins or cranberries in rum for 15 minutes.
- 2Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter until creamy 30-40 seconds. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy 5 minutes.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4In separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 5Measure eggnog and add vanilla.
- 6At low speed add dry ingredients in 4 additions, alternating with eggnog, begin with and end with dry ingredients. Scrape bowl occasionally.
- 7Fold in orange zest, currants and remaining liquid.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared 10 inch bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 55-65 minutes, check with toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean, it's done.
- 9Remove from oven and cool upright in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 10Prepare glaze blending together oj, sugar and rum.
- 11Invert cake onto a wax paper covered rack. Use pastry brush to brush the surface of the cake with glaze. Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g