Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This special dessert can be made up to 24 hours ahead -- just store covered with plastic wrap in your refrigerator. To serve, top each dish with a couple of fresh raspberries and fresh mint leaves. Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dairy eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- freshly ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat eggnog and half and half over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks, cornstarch and rum extract with whisk.
- Stir a small amount of the hot eggnog mixture into the egg mixture to temper then gradually stir egg mixture back into eggnog mixture in saucepan.
- Continue cooking over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil and thicken.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Pour into 6 small serving dishes.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours until well chilled and set.