Recipe by Roo1979
I found this recipe last year on the back of an eggnog gift set. This pie is easy to make and compliments a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner well. It keeps for days in the refrigerator so it can be made ahead of time. You can use eggnog with or without alcohol in it. I like to use Evan William's eggnog which has a lot of booze in it. Enjoy!
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons light rum (if using alcohol-free eggnog, or omit if you prefer a non-alcoholic pie)
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- nutmeg, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In meduim saucepan combine pudding mix, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and eggnog; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum (if using); cool thoroughly.
- Beat until smooth; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Dust with additional nutmeg to make it look nice.
- Chill at least 4 hours.