Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe last year on the back of an eggnog gift set. This pie is easy to make and compliments a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner well. It keeps for days in the refrigerator so it can be made ahead of time. You can use eggnog with or without alcohol in it. I like to use Evan William's eggnog which has a lot of booze in it. Enjoy!
- In meduim saucepan combine pudding mix, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and eggnog; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum (if using); cool thoroughly.
- Beat until smooth; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Dust with additional nutmeg to make it look nice.
- Chill at least 4 hours.