- 1 (6 ounce) packagejello vanilla pudding mix, 6-serving size (not instant)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups eggnog (dairy fresh, not canned)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons light rum or 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped (1 pint)
- 1 (9 inch) baked deep dish pie shells
- ground nutmeg (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook pudding mix using milk and BORDEN® EggNog.
- according to directions on package until thick and bubbly; mix well. Remove from heat.
- Stir in nutmeg. Stir in rum (optional). Cool or chill thoroughly.
- Beat cream until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into prepared crust. Garnish with additional nutmeg.
- Chill 4 hours or until set.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Notes: Microwave: In 2-quart glass measure with handle, combine pudding mix,.
- nutmeg and BORDEN® EggNog; mix well. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 6 to 8 minutes.
- or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 1-1/2 minutes. Proceed as above.