Recipe by Cecily Parsley
From The Tarragon Theatre Cookbook, courtesty of Canadian actress, Claire Coulter. The Commonwealth Club is in Richmond Virginia. "This eggnog has been used in the club for over a hundred years, according to Alice B. Toklas. This eggnog will knock you off your feet and is not for times of stress. For hangovers: Fernet Branca and soda."
- 2 dozen eggs
- 2 quarts cream
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 2 quarts whiskey
- 4 ounces rum
- 4 ounces brandy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Separtate yolks and whites of eggs. In a large bowl, beat thoroughly the yolks of the eggs, then add and mix well the sugar, adding slowly.
- Stir and heat.
- Mixture should be stirred into the whiskey.
- Add cream slowly and mix in thoroughly.
- beat whites of eggs until stiff and mix in thoroughly, then lastly the whipped cream.
- Individuals can sprinkle grated nutmeg to their taste.