Cecily Parsley's Note:
From The Tarragon Theatre Cookbook, courtesty of Canadian actress, Claire Coulter. The Commonwealth Club is in Richmond Virginia. "This eggnog has been used in the club for over a hundred years, according to Alice B. Toklas. This eggnog will knock you off your feet and is not for times of stress. For hangovers: Fernet Branca and soda."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separtate yolks and whites of eggs. In a large bowl, beat thoroughly the yolks of the eggs, then add and mix well the sugar, adding slowly.
- 2Stir and heat.
- 3Mixture should be stirred into the whiskey.
- 4Add cream slowly and mix in thoroughly.
- 5beat whites of eggs until stiff and mix in thoroughly, then lastly the whipped cream.
- 6Individuals can sprinkle grated nutmeg to their taste.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog of the Commonwealth Club
Serving Size: 1 (6673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3040.8
- Calories from Fat 1586
- Total Fat 176.3 g
- Saturated Fat 105.1 g
- Cholesterol 1234.4 mg
- Sodium 422.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 114.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g