Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Tarragon Theatre Cookbook, courtesty of Canadian actress, Claire Coulter. The Commonwealth Club is in Richmond Virginia. "This eggnog has been used in the club for over a hundred years, according to Alice B. Toklas. This eggnog will knock you off your feet and is not for times of stress. For hangovers: Fernet Branca and soda."
- Separtate yolks and whites of eggs. In a large bowl, beat thoroughly the yolks of the eggs, then add and mix well the sugar, adding slowly.
- Stir and heat.
- Mixture should be stirred into the whiskey.
- Add cream slowly and mix in thoroughly.
- beat whites of eggs until stiff and mix in thoroughly, then lastly the whipped cream.
- Individuals can sprinkle grated nutmeg to their taste.