1/4 Photos of Eggnog Muffins With Nutmeg-Streusel Topping
Many of my friends and family members know about my annual quest to use up leftover eggnog during the holidays, so my mom passed on this recipe clipped from Midwest Living that she received from a friend. These got rave reviews (saying it's a keeper!), even from those in the house who don't like eggnog (which is why I always have so much of it leftover from baking - no one will drink it!) The original recipe recommends serving it warm, but we enjoyed them both warm and at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1Prepare a muffin tin with paper liners or grease each cup.
- 2Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg in one bowl.
- 3In a second bowl, mix the eggs, eggnog, melted butter, vanilla, and rum extract.
- 4Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined and dough is just moistened.
- 5Fill each cup 2/3 of the way full with the muffin batter.
- 6Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7Prepare streusel topping by combining the flour, sugar, and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs are formed.
- 8Sprinkle each cup with streusel.
- 9Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Muffins With Nutmeg-Streusel Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 169.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g