Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy to prepare muffins. The eggnog gives these a very good flavor.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine dry ingredients in lg bowl.
- In another bowl, mix egg, eggnog, and oil.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups two thirds full.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
SUPER EASY TO MAKE. About the making: I used golden raisins (personal preference), fresh nutmeg (because it ROCKS), and sprinkled suger on top of the muffins before baking (I do that when making any muffin recipe- we like the crispy top). TASTEY. Subtle in flavor, you wouldn't expect these to be so addictive... but they are. They came out of the oven and into mouthes. The whole batch of 18 muffins were gone within an hour. Met all of my 5 star requirements. My family thanks you, Inez, for adding a new munchy to our Christmas day menu.
light, eggnogy taste, very easy to make, yields 16 medium-sized muffins would make them again!
I am eating one of these tasty morsels right now.They are very nice!I used vanilla eggnog and also added 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the batter.I omitted the salt.I toasted the pecans before I added them to the batter.It enhances the nuttiness.I also sprinkled the tops with cinnamon sugar mixture that I had left over from another recipe.These make a great tasting light and fluffy muffin.Thanks for posting!