Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one for my "to bake" list. I got this off of a great blog cupcakeproject.com
Make and share this Eggnog Latte Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
- 1⁄4 cup ground coffee
- 2 -3 cups confectioners' sugar (depending upon how thick you prefer frosting)
- The Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line twenty-four 1/2-cup muffin cups with paper liners.
- Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat in vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and with mixer on low speed beat in eggnog and rum until just combined.
- Add flour mixture in 3 batches, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes.
- The Frosting:.
- Whip up whipping cream in mixer until soft peaks begin to form.
- Fold in mascarpone, coffee extract, and coffee grinds.
- Then while mixing over low speed, slowly add the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time, being careful not to over whip frosting.
The frosting is SOOOO good. Especially if you like coffee. I thought that the coffee flavor of the frosting overwhelmed the eggnog cupcake but it was still so good how could you complain! Thanks!