1/2 Photos of Eggnog Kringla Cookies
Cake-like cookies with hints of eggnog and nutmeg. I've been making these every year for Christmas since I was 12, and every year at least a few people ask for the recipe -- and continue to request them every Christmas. I've been told by lots of people that they don't want me to buy them a gift. They just want me to make these cookies for them. I love bringing these to cookie exchanges and/or giving them as gifts. I know the original recipe came out of a magazine, but I don't remember which one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl beat butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- 3To the butter/sugar/egg mixture, stir in half of egg nog. Then stir in half of flour mixture. Stir in remaining eggnog and then flour mixture. It will be very stiff.
- 4Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 5Working with 1/3 of dough at time (keep the rest of the dough chilled), separate dough into 1-inch balls and roll between floured hands into a pencil-like shape, about as long as your hand. On an ungreased cookie sheet loop one end over the other to form an oval with two ends overlapping (to look like the Christian fish).
- 6Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes before edges brown. They won't look done, but they are.
- 7Sprinkle with nutmeg and powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Kringla Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 41.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g