Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Eggnog Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate baking bar, broken into pieces (10 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup almonds or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, eggnog and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to boil, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 234°F (use candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and nutmeg; stir until smooth. Add marshmallow creme, pecans and rum; mix well. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan lined with buttered foil. Cool completely; cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Microwave Instructions:.
- In a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 1 minute or until melted. Add eggnog and sugar; mix well and microwave 6 minutes or until mixture comes to a rolling boil; stirring after 3 minutes.
- Scrape sides of bowl and mix well, continue microwaving 9 minutes more, scraping bowl and mixing after each 3 minutes, stir in chocolate until melted; continue as directed above.