Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a GooseberryPatch book. Welcome Home for the Holidays. I don't want to take the credit here as it is a fabulous holiday salad. A twist on the usual Ambrosia Salad. The only variation I made was to use pears instead of peaches.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopedreamwhip topping mix
- 1 cup chilled eggnog
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 16 ounces sliced peaches, drained
- 13 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium unpared apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup drained and halved maraschino cherry
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine eggnog, topping mix, and nutmeg.
- Beat at highspeed with electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes.).
- Combine fruits and nuts.
- Fold into eggnog mixture.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Stir gently before serving.
Very delicious!! Thank You.
I had some leftover recipe #185162 so thought I'd try this. I couldn't find dreamwhip here so tried adding some whippet paste to thicken it up, that didn't work, I think becausee I used light cream in my eggnog. So mine was a little soupy only due to lack of ingredients. This tasted great & I want to make it again when I can get one of my future swap partners to send dreamwhip over for me.:wink: Thanks CB!