Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make on Christmas morning! Serve with a fruit salad and juice and coffee.
- 8 slices French bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- sifted powdered sugar
- Cut bread into 1 inch wide strips.
- Combine eggnog and nutmeg in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat griddle to to 350º; melt 2 tbsps butter.
- Dip bread sticks into eggnog mixture. Cook a few at a time for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden. Add additional butter as needed to keep pan greased.
- Sprinkle cooked french toast sticks with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.
Excellent, everyone devoured this and asked for more. Quick, easy and delicious, couldn't get any better than that! Thanks for sharing.
We make Eggnog French Toast for breakfast every Christmas Morning! The biggest trick is to make sure that you don't have the heat set too high, as the sugar in the Eggnog will burn quickly.