Recipe by crazymom
Tender and yummy french toast. Nice that you don't have to stand at the stove making them--just pop them into the oven. Prep time includes the time it is in the fridge.
Top Review by Akikobay
I made this recipe when crazymom started a thread about it. The recipe is WONDERFUL and I've made it twice since. I used homemade bread cut into thick slices, and followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I added was a little grating of nutmeg before I put it into the fridge. It came out of the oven really puffy and just a bit crunchy on top. We served it with maple syrup and bacon. Thanks for this recipe...I went and got extra eggnog to keep us in this french toast through January.
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter slices of bread and place in a 9x13-inch buttered pan. Make it a double layer if the bread in thin. (If using you own bread, then slice it thick and use only one layer, this is what I did).
- Mix together the eggs and eggnog until well mixed and frothy; pour custard over the bread. Press bread down into the custard; cover and let set overnight in fridge.
- In the morning take out and allow to come to room temperature.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when done.