Recipe by Chef Q in Oregon
"Tis the season for egg nog. This is a great way to create a festive, delicious holiday french toast.
Top Review by Booptasia
This recipe makes me look like a HERO at the Christmas potluck every year! Thanks for making me look good. Instead of using plain bread, I use Texas toast and fry them just as I would regular french toast. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Quick and easy when you're cooking for a large crowd. I posted a pic, hope it helps! Thanks again!
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix egg, egg nog, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Melt butter on skillet on low/med. heat.
- 3. Dredge slice of bread in egg mixture, both sides.
- 4. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5. Top with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or your favorite topping.