Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Finally got to try this...it was deeelish, but then again, I've never had "real" eggnog. Mom always makes boiled custard for Christmas and I could literally bathe in that stuff. I love that custard stuff so much I request it year-round. Occasionally, I get some. This is great and I hope other diabetics will give it a try.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is the best! I shared the eggnog with my sis and her S/I/L. Sis does not like eggnog, S/I/L loves it. Neither one knew it was not the real thing and BOTH raved about it and had seconds! I found it delicious. It did get thick in the fridge, I just whisked it a little before pouring and it was smooth and creamy. I think next time (and there will be a next time!) I will try rum flavoring in place of vanilla. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Amy, this is a keeper!
- 5 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla and milk.
- In another bowl, combine the dry pudding mix, sweetener, and nutmeg.
- Whisk the dry mix into the milk mixture until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- **NOTE: Diabetic exchange is for one cup: 1 skim milk and 1/2 starch; 17 g. carbs.