1 hr 5 mins
This came from Good Housekeeping Nov'04. I love bread pudding, and eggnog - so it's a perfect fit for me. Now, I just need a reason to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a shallow 2-quart casserole dish. Place bread in casserole; sprinkle with cherries.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix eggs until well beaten. Add rum, if using, cinnamon, and salt, whisking until blended. Stir in eggnog. Pour eggnog mixture over bread, pressing bread into custard.
- 3Cover and refrigerate bread mixture for 30 minutes or overnight to allow bread to absorb custard, stirring once.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bread pudding, uncovered, 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 5Just before serving, place ice cream in small microwaveable serving bowl; heat in microwave oven on High 30-35 seconds, stirring once. Remove bowl from microwave and stir until smooth, but still thick and cool.
- 6Serve 'sauce' with warm bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog & Dried Cherry Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 188.6 mg
- Sodium 320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 10.5 g