Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice cookie for the up coming holiday's.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds or until smooth. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla extract; beat until well blended.
- Gradually beat in flour and nutmeg, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Stir in nuts. If needed, refrigerate 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. (Refrigerate remainder of dough while baking each batch of cookies.)
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Prepare frosting. Beat butter in small bowl until softened. Gradually add sifted confectioners' sugar; beat until fluffy. Beat in milk and imitation rum extract until well blended. Frost center of each cookie with about 1 teaspoon frosting. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired.