Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
Another recipe from The Village Pie Maker in Eustis, NE. Haven't tried it yet, but Ms. Larsen is an award-winning pastry chef, so I'm sure it's excellent....
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 cups eggnog
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon spiced rum or 1 teaspoon brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick holes in the bottom of the pie crust and bake 15 minutes to partially cook.
- To make the fiiling, beat eggnog, eggs, liquor and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the sugar, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the topping, beat whipping cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add connfectioner's sugar and liquor; beat until stiff peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.