1 hr 5 mins
from "Annie's Eats" - http://annies-eats.com/2010/12/17/eggnog-cupcakes/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dark rum or 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup vegetables or 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 350Ëš F. Line 18 cupcake pans with paper liners.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; whisk to combine.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the rum, eggnog, vegetable oil, vinegar, and sugar. Beat on medium-low speed until well blended.
- 4Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- 5Divide the batter between the prepared cupcake liners, filling the cups 2/3 full. Bake 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6To make the frosting, place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth, 20-30 seconds. Add in the powdered sugar, salt and nutmeg, and mix on medium-high speed until incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the eggnog and whip on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 4 minutes. With the mixer on medium-low speed, blend in the rum.
- 7Fill a pastry bag with the frosting and decorate the cooled cupcakes as desired. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon or grated nutmeg, and garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: