Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love cream puffs and I will be trying this recipe over the holidays. You can always make your own recipe for the puffs and just follow the cream recipe. I think I may substitute spiced rum for the rum extract. This comes from Betty Crocker.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- powdered sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- In 2 1/2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cool away from draft.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat all Eggnog Cream ingredients except cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add cream.
- Beat on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Cut off tops of cooled puffs; pull out any soft dough.
- Fill puffs with Eggnog Cream; replace tops.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Store covered in refrigerator.