Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is another great one from TOH. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 unbaked pastry shells
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 3⁄4 cups cold eggnog
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix
- additional ground nutmeg
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, allspice and nutmeg until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon into crusts.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggnog and pudding mixes for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.