Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
by Gale Gand
Make and share this Eggnog Cream Cheese Cups recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the butter and mix the ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed until they form a sandy, crumbly mixture, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and egg yolk until very smooth.
- Add the sour cream and egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
- The dough may feel a little dry.
- Form the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg with an electric mixer until smooth; set aside filling.
- On a work surface thickly dusted with powdered sugar, roll out the chilled cookie dough to form a 12x18-inch rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 2x2-inch squares.
- Place a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling in the center of each square.
- Grease the cups of a mini muffin pan.
- Gather the points of the dough square around the filling to make a cup, open at the top.
- Place the cookie directly into the mini muffin pan or place the cookie in a mini muffin paper liner and place the paper liner in the pan.
- Repeat with the remaining squares and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before removing.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.