Recipe by mollypaul
This recipe is from New Orleans restaurateurs Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan's "In the Land of Cocktails" as published in our local paper. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort (whiskey liqueur)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated nutmeg, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat water in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, sugar and cinnnamon together in the top of the double boiler; place over the water and cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.
- Pour custard through a mesh strainer into a bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When cold, whisk in the Southern Comfort and vanilla.
- Divide among chilled shot glasses and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.