Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from New Orleans restaurateurs Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan's "In the Land of Cocktails" as published in our local paper. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort (whiskey liqueur)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Preheat water in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, sugar and cinnnamon together in the top of the double boiler; place over the water and cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.
- Pour custard through a mesh strainer into a bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When cold, whisk in the Southern Comfort and vanilla.
- Divide among chilled shot glasses and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.