Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from New Orleans restaurateurs Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan's "In the Land of Cocktails" as published in our local paper. Cooking time is chilling time.
- Preheat water in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, sugar and cinnnamon together in the top of the double boiler; place over the water and cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.
- Pour custard through a mesh strainer into a bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When cold, whisk in the Southern Comfort and vanilla.
- Divide among chilled shot glasses and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.