Recipe by Connie C.
I worried a bit about these as I've never heard of an eggnog cookie. Happened across his recipe in an old cookbook. They are a very moist cookie. My family loved them!
Top Review by Dan C.
I was not sure about this recipe. The baking at 300 and 20 mins. time made me think that it didn`t seem right. I baked them at 350 for 11 mins. They came out good. I thought they were lite and full of flavor with a hint of sweetness. If your looking for flavor and just a little sweet, this the one. I tried them and my family thought they were good for something different. I`m putting this one my recipe box. Thank You Connie for posting this one.
- 532.32 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 295.73 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml eggnog
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 large egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until it resembles a grainy paste.
- Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until blended. Do not overmix.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Lightly sprinkle nutmeg over the unbaked cookies.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until bottoms turn a light brown. Transfer from pans immediately to cool.