Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I worried a bit about these as I've never heard of an eggnog cookie. Happened across his recipe in an old cookbook. They are a very moist cookie. My family loved them!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until it resembles a grainy paste.
- Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until blended. Do not overmix.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Lightly sprinkle nutmeg over the unbaked cookies.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until bottoms turn a light brown. Transfer from pans immediately to cool.
I was not sure about this recipe. The baking at 300 and 20 mins. time made me think that it didn`t seem right. I baked them at 350 for 11 mins. They came out good. I thought they were lite and full of flavor with a hint of sweetness. If your looking for flavor and just a little sweet, this the one. I tried them and my family thought they were good for something different. I`m putting this one my recipe box. Thank You Connie for posting this one.
These were pretty good. I think they could use just a pinch of salt. Mine turned out much flatter than the ones in the picture, so maybe I needed a bit more flour. I did use 1 1/4 c whole wheat flour and 1 c white flour.
Another delicious recipe! I made just as directed except replaced 1 1/4 cups of the flour with whole wheat flour. My son LOVED them....we did too!! Will make again!