Recipe by RecipeNut
"What a delectable treat for Eggnog lovers everywhere! These cookies have a wonderful spicy aroma and are great tasting. The fragrance of nutmeg and cinnamon will infuse your home with holiday spirit as you bake these cookies. They make delicious gifts and are a welcome addition to cookie exchanges. "
Top Review by Acerast
Two years later, I had to come back and re-review these cookies because of the memory of their wonderful flavor! I used Pumpkinhead's method with a #40 cookie scoop to make them round and sprinkled them with a "pinch" of red and green sugar to make them festive. My kids ate so many, I had to make a second batch for my church's cookie exchange! Marvelous! Thanks RecipeNut.
- 295.73 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml eggnog
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.