Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Someone once gave me this recipe as something to do with leftover egg nog (we drink the stuff all year round). It's so luscious and yummy I usually make up a batch of the stuff just to make this cake, and consider the leftovers for drinking.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toffee pieces (not chocolate covered)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup prepared eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon swirl ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg nog, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat with a fork to combine.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just smooth.
- Don't overdo it.
- Pour half the batter into a greased loaf pan (something like 8 x 4 x 2).
- Spoon half the cinnamon swirl mixture over the batter, and cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Spoon on the remaining swirl mixture, and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until whatever you stick in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack.
Holy Cow, this is good bread! It's so easy to mix up and bake, and the end result is a neat little loaf that's sweet and yummie! Used your Safe Egg Nog in this, and boy, that's good stuff, too! Thanks for sharing, Mirjam. Definitely goes on my "Must-Make" list! Laudee
This is really a delicious bread. Everyone really enjoyed having it for our Christmas brunch. I saved a little bit and ate it today after church and it still was wonderful. Thanks, Mirjam for a great recipe.
Wonderful holiday bread. Nice taste. This went quickly on Christmas Day.