A hit at the holidays!
Make and share this Eggnog Cheesecake With Pecan Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, wafer crumbs and white sugar.
- Press firmly on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add eggs.
- Mix well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup rum, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- To make the sauce~In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the cup of water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the 2 tablespoons dark rum.
- Just before serving, stir the pecans into the sauce.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan from the cheesecake.
- Serve with the sauce.