Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I served this during the holidays last year and it was a hit! I'm not sure how to add in all of the "cooling" times.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dairy eggnog, not canned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed wafers and butter; mix well.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until smooth.
- At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time; beat just until combined.
- Add eggnog, rum extract, and nutmeg; beat until smooth.
- Reduce oven to 325°F.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 55-65 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Run knife around the edges to loosen.
- Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving combine sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Carefully remove sides of springform pan.
- Cut cheesecake into 16 wedges and place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon sauce over each serving.