A delightful holiday pleaser! Serve this rich and yummy cheesecake to your family and friends this holiday season, then sit back and wait for their rave reviews! I clipped this out of a magazine years ago, but I don't recall which one. Prep and Cook times are all estimates. I recommend an overnight chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (30 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup canned eggnog or 1 cup dairy eggnog
- 4 beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- chocolate shavings or crushed vanilla wafer (optional)
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine the 1 1/4 cups crushed wafers and melted margarine or butter; toss to thoroughly combine.
- 2Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1/2" up sides of a 9" springform pan to form a firm, even crust.
- 3Chill about 1 hour or till firm.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine the 1/3 cup sugar and gelatin.
- 5Stir in eggnog, egg yolks, and nutmeg.
- 6Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mixture just comes to a boil.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8In a large mixer bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds or till softened; gradually beat in gelatin mixture.
- 9Stir in rum or milk.
- 10Chill till partially set.
- 11In a medium mixer bowl beat egg whites on medium speed of electric mixer till soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 12Add remaining sugar, beating to stiff peaks (tips stand straight).
- 13In a small mixer bowl beat whipping cream to soft peaks.
- 14Fold whites and whipped cream into gelatin mixture.
- 15Turn into crumb-lined pan.
- 16Cover; chill till firm, several hours or overnight.
- 17Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with a spatula; remove sides.
- 18Sprinkle shaved chocolate or wafer crumbs around the top edge of the cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.7 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: