Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 11 chocolate-cream filled chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla liqueur
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- Make the crust: in a bowl, stir the crushed cookies and nutmeg; add melted butter and stir until combined.
- Press cookie mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Make the filling: in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in whipping cream, liqueur, and light rum.
- Pour filling mixture over crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 200° and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of pan; chill, uncovered, overnight.