Recipe by sarikat
This was originally published in "Southern Living" magazine; I have made a few alterations. I have used both Betty Crocker and Krusteaz sugar cookie mixes, both are good just remember that baking temps/times may vary. These cookies are sweet, spicy, and make me think of the winter holidays.
- 1 chai tea bag (black)
- 1 (15 1/2-17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons eggnog, divided
- parchment paper
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on cookie mix package (usually 350-375F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove tea leaves from teabag, discard tea bag.
- Mix together sugar cookie mix, tea leaves, melted butter, egg and 2 T. eggnog until well blended.
- Drop by half tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Dip the bottom of a glass into cinnamon sugar and lightly press onto top of each cookie.
- Bake as instructed on package, cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar, nutmeg, and 3-4 T. eggnog to make icing.
- Frost each cookie.