1/1 Photo of Eggnog Chai Sugar Cookies
This was originally published in "Southern Living" magazine; I have made a few alterations. I have used both Betty Crocker and Krusteaz sugar cookie mixes, both are good just remember that baking temps/times may vary. These cookies are sweet, spicy, and make me think of the winter holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to temperature specified on cookie mix package (usually 350-375F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Remove tea leaves from teabag, discard tea bag.
- 3Mix together sugar cookie mix, tea leaves, melted butter, egg and 2 T. eggnog until well blended.
- 4Drop by half tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- 5Dip the bottom of a glass into cinnamon sugar and lightly press onto top of each cookie.
- 6Bake as instructed on package, cool completely on wire racks.
- 7Combine powdered sugar, nutmeg, and 3-4 T. eggnog to make icing.
- 8Frost each cookie.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Chai Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 77.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix