Recipe by Olha
Butter rum and eggnog flavours make for a wonderful aroma while this is baking and a wonderful taste when it’s being eaten.
Top Review by Debbb
Very good! Tastes like a rich pound cake - nice dense texture. Very unique flavour! Silly me - I realized at the last minute that I was out of rum flavouring so I just had to do without. This went over really well at our Christmas Eve family get-together.
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (3/4 ounce) doughnut shaped butter rum-flavoured hard candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat first 6 ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just moistened.
- Put unwrapped hard candies into resealable plastic bag. Seal. Pound until candies are broken into small pieces. Reserve about 1/4 of candy pieces. Add remaining candy pieces to batter. Stir gently. Turn into greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle reserved candy pieces over top. Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool. Cuts into 18 slices.
- Company’s Coming-- Home for the Holidays.