- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 round layer pans, 8 inches.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixer bowl.
- Blend on low speed until all is mixed well.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and top with cool whip and garnish with nutmeg.