Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Christmas Egg Nog Butter Cake. This is by no means fat free or low cal. This is better than "SIN"!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- red and green glazed cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog
Egg Nog Icing
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Blend in flavorings.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture and wet ingredients (Egg Nog and Milk) to butter mixture alternately, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Turn into greased and floured 10 inch tube or bunt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 min or until cake tests clean with tooth pick.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool, right side up, on rack.
- To make Icing: Combine egg nog, light corn syrup and rum extract. Gradually add 2 3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar, beating until smooth.
- For Icing: combine confectioners sugar with wet ingredients beat until smooth.
- High Altitude Directions 5000- 6500 feet: Cake-Decrease baking powder to 2 1/4 teaspoon. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 55 minutes. Icing-Add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons egg nog.