Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great choice for the holidays! Prep time is a guess and cook time is according to package directions.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, adjust quantity according to package directions
- 2 eggs, adjust quantity according to package directions
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog, substitute for water and adjust quantity according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to recommended temperature on cake mix package.
- Spray sides and bottom of bundt pan with vegetable cooking spray, or grease with butter or margarine.
- Combine dry cake mix with required oil, eggs and nutmeg.
- OMIT THE REQUIRED WATER, adding the same amount of Egg Nog in its place.
- Mix and bake according to package directions.
- Top with eggnog glaze.
- For glaze: In medium bowl, combine ingredients, adding enough eggnog for desired consistency.
I made this for Christmas Day and it was very good. I did put 3 shots of Captain Morgan Rum in the cake mix. Which was white because I didn't have any more yellow cake mix. I decorated with holiday sprinkles. Will be making this every season. Thanks for a great reciepe.
Very moist, but too sweet for me. Next time am using half the eggnog along with water. Glaze should be lightly drizzled, put remainder in a little creamer pitcher on the side for guests to add over their slices.
The flavor of this was delicious, but my cake came out a bit dry. Nonetheless, it tasted good and the glaze was spectacular!!