Recipe by Artsy Chef
I was looking for a way to use up the last of my Christmas Egg Nog. The original called for 1/2 c candied cherries, 1/2 c raisins, and 1/2 c nuts, but I used figs and apricots instead. I also used a little rum (just make sure rum, brandy, or extract, and nog together equals 1 cup). It is sort of like a pound cake--without the pound! Mix a little eggnog with some powdered sugar and drizzle over it for a more elegant presentation and flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft baking butter, melted
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fig, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and butter in large mixing bowl.
- While continuing beating, add flour mixture alternately with egg nog into the mixing bowl, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until moistened.
- Stir remaining ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Grease or spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3 inch loaf pan or 3 mini pans. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 350 for 70 minutes (mini pans will take 40 to 45 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool.