1 hr 30 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This bread pudding is perfect for serve during the holidays, but it's delicious any time of the year. Because it serves 20, it's great as part of a buffet or to take as part of a potluck. The recipe is from a December 1985 issue of Bon Appetit magazine, in the "Cooking for Friends" section. Soaking time for bread is not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 24 ounces French bread, crusts trimmed, broken into chunks
- 4 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups whipping cream or 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1Spread 2 tablespoons butter in each of 2 9x13-inch ovenproof glass baking dishes.
- 2Place bread in large bowl; pour milk over and let soak until liquid is absorbed, about 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Using electric mixer, beat eggs,egg yolks,cream,sugar,bourbon,rum and brandy in medium bowl until smooth and thick; pour egg mixture over bread.
- 5Add raisins and stir until combined.
- 6Divide mixture between 2 prepared dishes, spreading evenly.
- 7Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 8Place dishes into larger baking pans; add water to pans to come 2/3 way up sides of dishes.
- 9Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 10Serve pudding warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g