Recipe by truebrit
I make this every Christmas. It is tasty and colorful, and it looks so pretty on the dessert tray! Instead of using just raisins, I like to use a mixture of raisins, zante currants and white raisins. (sultanas.) It makes a terrific food gift, too!
Top Review by Fran6
Delicious! Not being much of a raisin or cherry fan, I substituted a cup of chopped dried apricots and increased the chopped pecans. The second time I made it I used Splenda and it's just as good. I also baked in 3 tiny loaf pans so I changed the oven temp. to 325F and the time to 50 minutes. Thanks, truebrit!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy or canned eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped (red and green)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, and stir into butter mixture alternately with the eggnog; mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in pecans, raisins and cherries by hand.
- Spoon into a greased 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" x 2-1/2" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.