Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe out of Quick Cooking, posted by Angie Jones from Utah. I was so surprised that by simply exchanging eggnog for milk, you'll get this tasty result! Enjoy!
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and eggnog just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
very good. I didn't have a biscuit cutter, so I rolled them into a log and cut with dental floss so they'd still be fairly even.
The flavor in these is wonderful- perfect for the holiday season. They are quite easy to make as well. I served these with orange marmalade and found the flavors to be quite complementary. I did find them to be a bit flat and dense- next time I might make them thicker and add a touch of baking powder to compensate. I am wondering if the thickness of the eggnog had anything to do with their texture, but will know more when I make them again. Thanks for posting!
My, my...how good these were. Terrific flavor. Made some to take to new neighbors. Had to sample first, of course! Thanks KC Cooker! I'll make again soon...