1/1 Photo of Eggnog Biscotti
1 hr 15 mins
This is posted as per a request. I have not made them myself, but they sound delicious and I plan on making them tommorrow!
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon orange oil or 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Blend the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace in a food processor together until combined, about 30 seconds.
- 2Add in remaining ingredients and process a 1-2 minutes to get a thick batter.
- 3Let batter stand 2 minutes and then spoon out onto the baking sheet.
- 4Brush with egg yolk, or a beaten egg. Sprinkle on sugar and a dusting of more nutmeg.
- 5Bake 45 minutes until set and browned. Cool, then slice into diagonal cookies about 1/2 inch wide.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 325*F, put sliced cookies back in oven and bake until crisped, about 15 minutes per side.
- 7Cool well and then glaze one side of each cookie with melted white chocolate.
- 8Garnish with crushed graham cookies crumbs on one edge. Serve to your most deserving guests!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3868.7
- Calories from Fat 1627
- Total Fat 180.8 g
- Saturated Fat 107.7 g
- Cholesterol 988.9 mg
- Sodium 1464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 506.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 247.4 g
- Protein 56.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of