Recipe by Mami J
Rich and creamy dessert. I've only made this with Mexican eggnog, but I suppose you could use any eggnog you like. Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a unique twist on bavarian cream and would be great during the holidays. However, I found that this did not set up fully, and was still rather runny. It is worth experimenting with, though. Made for ZWT6 by a RedHot Renegade.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in a microwave safe bowl, let stand until softened, 5 minutes.
- Heat in microwave for about 10 seconds, stir until completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, whisk or beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Place eggnog in a large bowl and add dissolved gelatin and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in 1/3 of the whipped cream into eggnog mixture. Carefully fold in remaining cream.
- Divide mixture into serving cups and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.