Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Leftover cinnamon rolls and eggnog, assemble this before bedtime, bake fresh for a brunch breakfast, or any suppertime dessert. Great Christmas or Easter morning brunch.
- 5 -6 large cinnamon rolls (at least two days old)
- 1 1⁄4 cups eggnog (whole milk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 3 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for dusting garnish
- Cut the rolls or sweet yeast bread into cubes, to make 8 cups total.
- Grease a 2 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish with butter, and place in the 8 cups sweet yeast bread cubes evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat the three eggs, with the eggnog, and heavy cream until blended well.
- Carefully pour half the mixture over cubes, and push down into liquid, and soak for about ten minutes.
- Add remaining liquid and push down with back of spoon, so all is covered well.
- Cover dish with saran wrap and place in fridge overnight, or at least 50 minutes before baking .
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Remove saran wrap and place casserole into a larger pan, and add hot boiling water around making a water bath half way up the sides of dish. Place on centre rack in oven.
- Bake until cubes are toasted and edges are set.
- Remove the casserole from the water bath as soon as you remove it from oven, and place on a cooling rack.
- Let rest for ten minutes.
- Dust with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Serve plain, or maple syrup.
- Nice with back bacon or sausages for a morning breakfast along with a fruit compote.