Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Eggnog recipe from Food.com.
- Beat 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk until thick and light in color.
- Add 3 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, beating thoroughly.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour mixture in glass.
- Beat remaining egg white until almost stiff, add remaining sugar and beat until stiff.
- Pour in glass over mixture above and sprinkle nutmeg as desired.
This reminded me of the way my mother used to make it. I gently folded in the stiff egg whites so that it was still frothy. This made a nice holiday drink and looked prettywith the sprinkle of nutmeg on top.