Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Eggnog recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan over low heat, blend the milk, cinnamon, cloves and half a teaspoon of the vanilla essence.
- Keep stirring while mixture heats, and remove from heat just before boiling point. Once the mixture hits about 205 degrees -- pay close attention --- you are just about there.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and egg yolks.
- Make sure you whisk them well so that they're light and fluffy.
- Gently and a little at a time, pour in the milk mixture while continuing to whisk.
- Transfer mixture back into your saucepan over a medium heat while continuing to stir.
- Keep stirring until your eggnog mixture until you hit 165 degrees and then take the thing off the heat and out of the saucepan ASAP!
- Pour and strain the mixture into a jug, making sure to remove the cloves.
- Stand jug in the fridge for an hour or two.
- Gently stir in the cream, light rum, remaining vanilla and ground nutmeg.
- Put back into the fridge overnight.
- Serve in cups with a little extra ground nutmeg, cinnamon or baking cocoa sprinkled lightly on top.