Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very boozy rich recipe that a friend of mine found on the internet. I made it last year, it went down very well!! and I plan to make it again this year. Easy to double to make more servings.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup cognac (or brandy)
- freshly grated nutmeg
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow.
- Gradually add sugar to yolks.
- With a wire whisk, beat in milk and 2 cups cream, add bourbon, rum, and cognac, stirring constantly.
- Just before serving, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Whip remaining heavy cream until stiff, and mix in
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
- Cheers and Merry Christmas!